<body>
Journeys.
Tuesday, August 20, 2013

12August2013

This particular weekend getaway wasn't just any ordinary one. It was an extra ordinary one whereby not only a lesson taught, it was also an experiential journey.  I've learnt a lot from this experience, and understood the importance of a leader, and what a leader really is.

Before this, I’ve never really gave much thought to what being a leader is, or what where the expectations on me. Looking back, I’ve realized I’ve always been trying to live up to someone’s expectations, to make someone proud of me. But are these gestures really necessary? 

The recent trip to Palau Dayang for my Advanced Diving Course had taught me so much more than I could have learnt from school. It taught me to be independent, to be forward looking, to serve others without compromising myself and also to be a leader others can look up to. 

Being a leader is not just being in charge, it's not about the fame and recognition, it's not about yourself, but more importantly, it's about the people you serve. The pressure weighted on me to guide the rest out in the open without an instructor; how was I supposed to lead them? Will I be able to keep them safe? Can I really be a leader to other? It was really stressful, and a lot to take in. But I know I couldn’t give up, at least not just yet. 

18August2013

“Follow your heart." 
"Keep pressing on." 
"Don’t regret your actions." 
"Let your dreams take flight.”

It’s really easier said than done. It never dawned upon me how complicated it could really get.  I tried my best, but it never seemed like enough. I feel as though my mindlessly wondering around without any direction, or motive. How can I guide others, when I can’t narrate myself? How am I supposed to let go and fly, when there’s just so much pulling me back? 

I know I’ve said this a million times but really, I am exhausted from running everywhere, I’m tired of chasing someone I don’t know, I’ve had enough of this blind chase. Enough of all the lies, of all the hopeless attempts at trying to be optimistic. 

I did say that I wouldn’t give up so easily, and keep pressing on. But it honestly isn’t that simple. Every single thing that I do reminds me of you. It reminded me about how I didn’t spend that little time I had with you wholeheartedly, of how I didn’t give much efforts to keep you here with me… Every fucking moment reminds me of you, of how you left me there in the alley and never turned back, of how you left me alone without regrets. I feel pathetic for letting you fuck me over, for letting you go when I could be your pillar of strength, for giving up on you when I swore I’ll never let go. 

I needed you to know that I regretted every minute after you’re gone. I needed you to know that you are my pillar of strength. I needed you to know that you were my first and only. I needed you to know that I didn’t mean to break our promises. I needed… you. 

“Let go of the past, look forward to the future, embrace the present.” 

How could I go on and embrace the future, when I can’t stop looking back? Every single day, I look forward to seeing you again, to hearing your angelic voice, to snuggle into your warm embrace; and every single day, I am met with emptiness. 

I’ve got to confess that I had great times with my friends; I’ve managed to smile genuinely; I’ve tried to live my life to the fullest; all these with a tinge of emptiness inside. I did try to embrace the present, to press on and not regret my actions, but everything comes with a price. It wasn’t an easy fleet to conquer, and as promised I didn’t give up. However, all good things must come to an end, don’t they? 

If I could go back in time, I wouldn’t change a thing; because I know that everything happened for a reason, and all the sweet moments are waiting after this stretch of darkness. Everything that I’ve been through had all but made me stronger and made me who I am today. Although the future is still a blur, I know that it would be a beautiful one that you had planned out for me. It does feel funny without you by my side, but I know you’ll always be here with me, and I’ll never let go of that. 

I may forget our promises, every moment spent with you, or how you made me feel, but I’ll never be able to forget that you’ve came into my life and lighted it up for me. 



Someday; I’ll look forward to meeting you again. Except for today, I’ll live in this moment and relish the memories while anticipating a pleasurable future. 

I miss you; but I’ll hold this thought till next time.


Profile
[ made of helium ]

HUI QIN

boxinthetrash@tumblr
abyss-0f-darkness@bs
Twitter@huiqin_

MY BLOG; MY RULEs
lEaVE iF yoU diSliKe iT
'Cuz, itS nOt wHAt yoU thINk;
itS' WhaT i THinK thAT maTTerS.

THiS blOg bEloNgs tO me(: nOt yoU


Follow My Blog

Tagboard
[ a message ]


Archives
[ rewind ]

December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
August 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
February 2013
March 2013
August 2013
September 2013
November 2013
February 2014
April 2014
May 2014
February 2016
July 2016
August 2016
February 2017
February 2021
November 2021
February 2022

Credits
[ take a bow ]

Designer
Inspiration