Dido - White Flag
"Well I will go down with this ship;
And I won't put my hands up and surrender; There will be no white flag above my door; I'm in love and always will be.
And when we meet; As I'm sure we will; All that was then; Will be there still;"
Going back, remember how we used to be? How things were like for the both of us? Because I can no longer remember them, as much as I tried, I don’t recall our happiest moments, all I got was our bitter and down moments. What happened to our happy days? What happened to ‘Us’?
Things were never smooth for us; there had been many ups and downs. But each time I had believed we’ll pull through, I had believed that there will be a brighter future ahead of us. Through this 16months, we’ve both changed. But a relationship is not just based on compliance, or how long we’ve been together, it’s about changing constantly for one another, to help bring out the best in the both of us. But all I’ve gotten was pushed down and stepped on, even now, when you said you’ve realized your mistakes, and you choose to let me have everything my way regardless of how you felt…
I feel as if you still haven’t realized a thing I wanted you to. You kept telling me you do, that you know what you’re doing, that you want to put me as your first priority. But are you really? We’re both not ready for a relationship like this. It’s taking its toll on the both of us, we’re both affected by this.
Yes, throughout we’re both been through a lot, we’ve made it through our ‘toughest’ times, we’ve did so much, so much memories, just so, so much to hold on to… But even the toughest will fall. We’ve held on for so long, so much promises were made, I don’t even know who I am anymore. I mean, I don’t know if I’m even living my own life, or yours. Each time you told me you like something, or you don’t like something, even if it means a lot to me, I’ll try my best to do what you like, to please you and make you happier. But if you had wanted me to live life as how you’ll want me to, then who am I? Who will I be if I can’t even choose what I want to be? Who will I be if all I’m doing, is to live as the kind of person you want me to be? I don’t even know where I stand anymore. It hurts me so much to just think of where we are now.
“I finally understood what true love meant...love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.”
― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
“You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
In life, we’ll be bound to face challenges, in which we’ve
to make painful choices. But this choice will in turn mould and shape us to be
a better person. We started too fast, and it ended too quick. If I had a
choice, I’ll like to walk down this path with you again someday. So please wait
for me, I promise I’ll come running back.