<body>
Rewind.
Sunday, June 10, 2012

43days.

Perhaps we're both taking things too fast. I'm scared, and filled with so much insecurities. It probably doesn't mean much to you, but it's everything to me. Every single time you comment on my flaws, I felt as though I'm inferior to you, that I will never match up to you. I'm trying to change. To be someone you can be proud of, I'm not giving up. But each time you said that you'll leave, it brings tears to my eyes.

I know that I am not good enough, that I will never be. That despite my efforts, I'll still be inferior. I've always thought that if I try hard enough, I'll be able to make it, that I'll succeed. But not anymore, time after time, I've tried my best, yet still failed to meet your expectations. In the end, you made me feel like some hopeless idiot who's trying so hard for nothing.

Given that you care so much about how you look, I've already tried my best to not embarrass you. To be someone you can feel proud of, but even I can tell that I’m not. Sometimes, I even feel sorry for myself. You said that I’ve changed, but I’m not the only one. But just because it seems like you’re the one who keeps giving in to me, doesn’t make you the wise and generous one. Because you’ll never see it when I give in to you, because perhaps, sometimes the problem doesn’t lie with others, but with you.

“Just because I don’t meet your expectations, doesn’t mean that I’m not good enough.” This sentence that he told me once before, I never did believe, but now I do. Because regardless of how hard I try to improve in myself, your expectations just seems to get further and further away from me. I’ve always thought that I wasn’t good enough, yet I believed I should not compare myself to others. After so much, I find myself constantly trying to be better than others, to make you recognise me. Why? What has changed that made things so different? Why aren’t we like how we were before?

Maybe I was at fault too. I could have tried harder to be so much better, but I chose not to. Regardless, am I the only one at fault? It’s not even funny anymore. When you said that you’ll go find someone better, am I not good enough? Do you not care how much it hurts me to think that you’ll find someone else, even after all that we’ve been through? You told me, “What’s the point of apologizing, if I don’t learn from my mistakes?” And I’ll ask the same to you. We’ve both cried so much because of this, we’re both hurt from it too.

Because your random flare up scares me. Because your every word fucking hurts.

‘You’re inferior.’

‘Try to slim down.’

‘She looks so much better.’

‘Try to be more like that girl.’

‘Why are you so stupid?’

‘I’ll go find some other girl, who’ll love me more.’

‘I’ll find a new girl.’

Etc.


You made me feel as though the only reason you’re staying, is because you don’t want to be labelled as a jerk. Because after all that we’ve been through, you felt it wasn’t right to let go, even if you don’t feel the same anymore? Before, none of this ever mattered. You didn’t care if I was ‘slower’ than others, you didn’t care if I didn’t look good, you didn’t care about how others would look at you. What changed? You said I’ve changed, but you did too.

Every night, I reflect on our days. I think about what has changed between us, I wondered if I was at fault. I tried means and ways to change myself for the better. To become someone you can be proud of, to become your ideal girl. But in the end, all I got was that I’ve changed? That I’m not the same anymore? If so, tell me what am I suppose to do?

Why has so much changed in this short period that we both shared? Can’t we both go back to day 1 and relieve all that we’ve shared? About what we shared, what we both felt? I want the ‘old’ you back.

I just wanted to ask you one thing...
Is this relationship based on a false pretence? Or is this just temporary?

Labels:



Profile
[ made of helium ]

HUI QIN

boxinthetrash@tumblr
abyss-0f-darkness@bs
Twitter@huiqin_

MY BLOG; MY RULEs
lEaVE iF yoU diSliKe iT
'Cuz, itS nOt wHAt yoU thINk;
itS' WhaT i THinK thAT maTTerS.

THiS blOg bEloNgs tO me(: nOt yoU


Follow My Blog

Tagboard
[ a message ]


Archives
[ rewind ]

December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
August 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
February 2013
March 2013
August 2013
September 2013
November 2013
February 2014
April 2014
May 2014
February 2016
July 2016
August 2016
February 2017
February 2021
November 2021
February 2022

Credits
[ take a bow ]

Designer
Inspiration