And you my love, I wish that we'll be able to make it through all this hurdles, and grow stronger each time. I don't wish to lose you, because of my past, or because of that one mistake I made. Maybe this is just my wishful thinking, but I really hope it won't just be a dream.
There have been many ups and downs in life. All the fun, joy and laughter… All the pain, sorrow and hurt. I’ve experience both, and in each, I’ve learnt a lesson that I’ll bring with me throughout. Along the way, I’ve stumbled and fallen. But took great pains, and help from others, I stood up proud once again, I made it through, and lived to be a better, stronger person.
Then again, sometimes, the need and urge to escape reality, really just wash over me. It’s as if I can’t stop it, I can’t resist it. It’s alluring, tempting, and so hard to resist. The many times I looked out the window, picturing myself falling… The times when the knife felt so cold and piercing, yet unable to slice through… The times when I open my eyes that all I see, is the darkness enveloping me away. I want to give this a rest. Take a break, from everything, and from me.
Dear, you are so precious to me, someone so close and delicate that I never want to hurt. But time and again, all I did was hurt you through and through. Each time, it feels as if a knife slices through my heart, it hurts and pains me, yet I couldn’t do, and didn’t do anything to prevent it. I’m sorry. I promise that things are going to be different. It’ll take time, a very long time to be honest. But I’m not giving up; I don’t wish to lose you, so please? Give me some time… I’ll change for the better; I’ll learn to stop making all these silly mistakes. So please.
Been there for me through all these years, though the years were short, it felt right, and perfect. You always manage to bring me back to the right track, and help me whenever I need. You have your problems, yet you always put in your everything to help me through mine. For this, I’m grateful to you. You like to hold in your tears, and pretend that things are alright. I don’t know, maybe you think that pretending, and wearing that smile everyday is going to change something, or help at all… I really don’t. You hardly let me help you with your problems, and though I can’t help solve them, I’ll be your listening ear. So just talk to me, anything. I’ll help if I could, if not, I’ll be just a listening ear, to help you out. I’m sorry that I’m never able to be there for you and help you through your toughest times when you were always there for me. And I’ll try to the next time. This, between us, a friendship is born, a bond I know I don’t ever wish would cease. We might be separated, and probably wouldn’t be able to meet up often, but always know that you’ll be my woman and this wouldn’t ever change. Woman, you are strong, personality wise; but not strong enough to handle everything. A raging storm in the open sea, a single raft isn’t enough to brace the storm. You can count on others to help you out through problems. I know it isn’t going to be easy to back up and throw your life’s shit at others, but sometimes, that’s just what you got to do. And I’ll always be here for you, so it’s okay to let down that smile, and take a breather, from time to time.
I’m thankful, for everyone that’s been there for me. Honestly, from the bottom of my heart. Without you guys, I wouldn't have become who I am today. Thank you.
-For Woman, you always manage to brighten up my day, to fuel up the emptiness,
despite everything.
-For Bright, you always manage to bring a smile to my face whenever we’re together, or when my days are bad. Your little messages, and card, gift… it so sweet of you. Thank you. I know. I’ve been a bad ‘mum’, I’ve never really done anything for you, and I promise one day, I will! So wait for it, okay?
-For Grandpa, you always send me links to the best songs! The many times we argue over the silly-est things, the times we throw the random sarcasms, comments, or even praises to others. The times we joked about the random things, when all we do is talk about music and movies throughout the night.
-For the closest friends, YuanJin, Leyi, Florence, Nevin, Aqmal, ZongZe, Cathy, Audrey, Jeremy, HuiYi, JingKang, Azira, KhinMay, Samantha, and many more, you have all made a big impact on my life. For all of the little things you did for me, good or bad. I appreciate it. Thank you, for giving me a whole new perspective on things I otherwise wouldn’t have known. Thank you.